Freeze for Windows NT?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Oct 12 22:51:12 EDT 1999

> > I suggest you check out Gordon's installer at
> > http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/.  If this works for you it
is
> > probably a much better alternative.
>
> I'll take a look, but the problem is that my boss doesn't want
python
> installed
> on additional machines.

Gordon's tool still meets this criteria.  It basically ends up with
the same end result as freeze, but can be done without a C compiler.

Freeze for windows still requires you to ship Python15.dll - it doesnt
support a static build.  but you dont have to install the Python
library in either case.  Both make stand-alone programs (ie, a few
files in a single directory is all you need).  Gordons goes a step
further and allows you to ship a single file which will automatically
be exploded into those few files.

Have a look!

Mark.