Database interface

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 13 14:35:37 EDT 1999

Dear people,

I've just more or less finished a couple of classes that make working
with a database easier - they should work with any DB-Api II compliant
database module, really.

Basically, it provides a way to define tables and relations in a sort of
repository. The repository is then used in record and table objects to
provide inserting, deleting, updating and selecting without the need to
code SQL in the actual application. There is some rudimentary integrity
checking, too. I've provided a small test application and a create
table script.

I don't think the work is advanced enough to officially announce it on
c.l.p.announce or Freshmeat, or so - but I thought I'd mention it here
for interested people.  I hope people like it, but if there's someone
who thinks it's the silliest thing since sliced bread, I'd like to hear
that, too!

Anyway, find it at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/index.html

--