Is httpdapy ready for primetime?

Erno Kuusela erno at iki.fi
Sun Oct 24 05:48:19 EDT 1999

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:28:41 +0000 (GMT), Oleg Broytmann
<phd at phd.russ.ru> wrote:

>   I use PyApache (not httpdapy) on a lot of commercial projects. It is
>very good small, fast and reliable thingie!

hmm, are you using PyApache (instead of vanilla CGI) because
of speed?

i did some benchmarking a while back, and found PyApache to be
about as dog slow as CGI. i supposed this is because PyApache
creates a new interpreter & imports all modules for each
request. it's not the fork()ing that's slow with cgi, it's the
userspace initialization of the cgi program...

httpdapy seems to be very fast, (10-100x faster than CGI or PyApache in
my experience) as it preserves the same python interpreter accross
http requests.

or perhaps PyApache has moved to the directin of httpdapy since
i last tried it out?

  -- erno

--
"The new Intel Linux Gigabit driver is great news for Linux
customers who need high speed connectivity to drive their