Problem with JPython and jre jdk1.1.8

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Oct 21 18:05:56 EDT 1999

    JS> As an oldtime ABC-Python fan I like the development of
    JS> JPython.  At work we use Java!

Cool!  BTW, the best place to ask JPython questions is
jpython-interest at python.org.

    JS> I'm trying JPython11beta3 with jdk1.1.8 on Windows NT and
    JS> Windows 95.

I've had several reports of problems with JDK1.1.8 on Windows.  I just
sucked down 1.1.8 on Sparc/Solaris to see if it fixed a problem with
BigInteger.modPow() -- it doesn't -- but 1.1.8 seems pass all the
other JPython test cases.  On Windows, so far I've only tested Suns
1.2.x and MS's 1.1.4 JVMs and both seem to work fine.

See <http://www.jpython.org/platform.html> for my latest information
about compatibility.  My next step is to check out IBM's 1.1 JVM for
Linux.

-Barry