JPython?

John Farrell jfarrell at mincom.com
Wed Oct 13 19:40:00 EDT 1999

Jim Althoff wrote:
> But, the real kicker
> is this: with JPython you DO have complete
> access to ALL Java APIs.   Without having to
> do any work at all. No wrappers, no JNI, no CORBA
> no anything.   Instant availability.  All in the
> same JVM.

I agree. We are writing a large distributed object system in Java.
Traditionally connecting to the system to get data out has been by writing
a pretty complicated Java program. However with JPython I can write Python
code to access any part of the system. I have a few wrappers to turn things
into dictionaries, but once they are included I can write 10 line programs
which do useful stuff. That's just AWESOME.

John