Module for generic platform information: platform.py

Eric Jacobs x at x.x
Thu Oct 28 18:27:18 EDT 1999

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Do I have to import anything special to get the System symbol into
> the current namespace or is System a builtin in JPython ? E.g.
> would
>
> def java_vendor():
>    return System.getProperty('java.vendor')
>
> work out of the box on JPython ? (Don't have a working jpython
> installation here at the moment to test this myself.)

Just the way you'd expect to have to do it in Python,
using import:

def java_vendor():
  from java.lang import System
  return System.getProperty("java.vendor")

Aren't controlled namespaces wonderful? :)