getopt: where's da dicts?????

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Tue Oct 19 11:38:27 EDT 1999

fred drake said:

> something to consider is options which may be repeated; often we
> write code for which --verbose (or -v)

ahhh, okay. hadnt thought about that one. i usually dont write stuff
that needs that kinda thing. on the other hand, what would be wrong
with coding -v3 (verbose level 3)? seems easier to me somehow...

>   (No, I'm not saying a better approach isn't desirable or
>   warranted, just trying to point out one of the issues.)

thanks. i figured getopt was designed the way it was for a reason, and
wanted to hear what they were. still, i personally will veer towards
the getargs or similar py modules for my own stuff....

les schaffer