When Good Regular Expressions Go Bad

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Oct 1 11:48:54 EDT 1999

In article <000701bf0bb9$def95240$322d153f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>Error detection and recovery is a Real Pain even with a Real Parser; a
>mechanical trick like "report rightmost progress" isn't going to turn
>the infinitely feebler regexp gimmick into a solution.

Okay, okay, you've mostly convinced me.  Now, here's the hard part: got
any recommendations for a parsing book similar to the O'Reilly Regex
book?  (By "similar", I mean a good combined tutorial/reference that's
aimed at the ignorant but generally well-educated techie.  Two or three
books that combine to that goal would be fine.)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)