ANNOUNCE: Python SNMP module

ilya at glas.net ilya at glas.net
Wed Oct 13 02:13:55 EDT 1999

Hi,

I've written a simple (and incomplete) SNMP V1 manager class. Currently
it holds BER encoders/decoders and a few transport methods. Only Get-Request
is supported (no problem to add other request types, though). No MIB
parser yet.

However, it is written entirely in Python and it works.

I hope this module may be helpful to Python community as a starting point
for developing a more sophisticated solution.

The package is available at ftp://ftp.glas.net/~ilya/tools/pysnmp.tar.gz

I'm interested in bug reports & fixes, suggestions and improvements. Please,
please send your feedback to <ilya at glas.net>.

Thanks,
ilya