Do You Have a Powerful Computer, a few extra minutes,& Microsoft Word?

Siggy Brentrup bsb at baal.infodrom.north.de
Wed Oct 6 03:01:50 EDT 1999

David Oppenheimer <davidopp at megsinet.net> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> Dear Group,
>
> A Linux friend would like to view the Quick Python online draft but
> doesn't have Microsoft Word or a Word viewer.  He tells me he can read
> it if its in HTML.

Tell him to install StarOffice 5.1a it's available for free from Sun
Microsystem since they bought StarDivision (no more activation keys)
and can easily import M$ Word docs.  Sorry, don't have the URL handy
but there are a lot of search engines on the net :-)

> I would appreciate it if someone would download the book, save it in
> HTML, and send me the book in HTML.  I have Microsoft Word, but My
> Pentium 75 with 32 MB RAM is just not up to the task.  I have tried
> multiple times and it locks up about half way through.

> [2  <text/html; us-ascii (7bit)>]
<don quixote-hat>
	Why bother us with a 2nd copy of the above?
</don quixote-hat>

annoyed-by-html-mailers-ly yours
  Siggy

--