ANN: (the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Thu Oct 21 18:53:10 EDT 1999

[Bill Dozier, on Thu, 21 Oct 1999]:
:: In article <380BC5D7.1B9A70C0 at rubic.com>, Jeff Bauer <jbauer at rubic.com> wrote:
::
:: >One followup to Fredrik's announcement.  If you
:: >decide it purchase the material through FatBrain,
:: >set up your account *first*, and then place
:: >your order.
::
:: Also, be aware that the electronic version is WinBlows only. Fatbrain
:: doesn't really make this clear up front (this is not Fredrick's fault).

Yeah, why is that? Just because of the installer? Jeesh ... that means
switching to the dusty Windows machine every time I want to refer to
it!! Ugh.

Hey Fatbrain -- PDF files are supposed to be cross-platform. Hello?

Under Windows 95 and Acrobat Reader 3.0, I get a series of error
messages:

"Could not find the Color Space named 'Cs8' "-- and others equally
unenlightening. Anyone else experience this?

However, I'm thrilled by the book itself. Great job Frederick!