Circular refs

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Oct 3 03:06:17 EDT 1999

[Tim]
> For example, Neel seems quite happy with his BDW patch -- it solves
> problems for him.  People running on sufficiently similar platforms may
> also find it useful.

[Neel Krishnaswami]
> While I would love to be able to claim to have patched Python to use
> the BDW garbage collector, I am about 98% sure that you actually mean
> Neil Schemenauer. (The 2% covers the possibility that Neil sneaked
> into my apartment and posted the patches from my box, thus cleverly
> fooling you into thinking that I did it.)

Well, we do have a mystery here!  The timbot is offline on weekends, and I
fill in for it as best I can.  Other possibilities include that you two
changed your names since the time timbot posted, or that there was another
of those pesky mail transport errors, or that "BDW" refers to something
other than what we're assuming it does.  The only thing I can be *sure* of
is that, if timbot generated "Neel", that's what it meant.  Although, for
the life of me, I have to agree with you that it sure *looks* like an error!
In cases like this, Occam's Razor suggests parallel universes.

vacuum-tube-technology-is-infallible-ly y'rs  - tim