Running python as a deamon (rfork)

Radovan Garabik garabik at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk.invalid
Fri Oct 15 06:20:54 EDT 1999

Carey Evans <c.evans at clear.net.nz> wrote:

 : --=-=-=

 : henk_p at my-deja.com writes:

 :> I want to run the python interpreter as a deamon process. So when
 :> I exit the shell it started from it keeps on running in the background.
 :> I know this is possible under unix by using the nohup command, but
 :> that is not a very nice solution.

 : You can write a daemon under Python just the same as in C.  The
 : attached module is a bit simplistic in places, but it *does* turn
 : itself into a daemon properly.  It also shows how easy it is to use
 : SocketServer, which I hadn't tried until a few minutes ago.

any chance of doing this portably? (i.e. I'd like to run daemon under unix
and windows)

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |