Improved struct module

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 14 08:02:50 EDT 1999

Randall Hopper <aa8vb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  |real programmers don't ;-)
>
> Hehehe.  Very funny :-)
>
> SWIGing C interfaces IMO beats writing your own per-function/-type Py_*
> routines by a mile, in time and maintainability.  It's not perfect, but
> it's a big step up.

Sure, but I wasn't comparing SWIGged interfaces with hand-
crafted interfaces for large C API's.  I'm talking about a system
which uses a single 16k DLL to access major portions of the
Windows API, and uses a relatively small Python layer to
abstract away most of the complexity of that API.

In my book, that's about as cool as can be.

</F>

coming soon: