Python Beginner Question!!!

Guido van Rossum guido at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Oct 7 09:51:24 EDT 1999

Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de> replied:

> I would recommend http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html
> Its good for beginners as they can get in touch with the language _and_
> the thoughts behind programming.
> You can read it online and/or print it out and store it under your
> pillow.

But even that tutorial is assuming you know what programming is.  For
an introduction to programming, using Python, try this:

<LI><A HREF="http://members.xoom.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm"
>Learning to Program</A><BR>An introduction to programming for those
who have never programmed before, by Alan Gauld.  It introduces
several programming languages but has a strong emphasis on Python.