Adding info to Python Buglist

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Oct 18 11:44:45 EDT 1999

    JT> I filed a bug in Python's buglist, and have further
    JT> information available.  However, I can't seem to add a reply
    JT> as a guest.  Is there any way I can add more information to
    JT> the ticket as a guest, or do I have to get an account?  If I
    JT> need an account, how do I go about getting it?

I don't think you can directly -- this is a Jitterbug issue
unfortunately.  Getting an account at this point isn't very feasible.
I agree this is a nasty shortcoming.

You can add to the bug report indirectly through email though.  I'm
not 100% sure about the magic headers, but if you got an email
containing the original bug report, just follow up to that.
Otherwise, I /think/ if you send an email to bugs-py at python.org and
include the string PR#XXX where XXX is the bug number, Jitterbug will
attach this to the original report.

Give it a try and see what happens!

-Barry