Reading files binary

Thomas Weholt thomas at bibsyst.no
Thu Oct 14 03:36:29 EDT 1999

Hi,

I want to read a file and treat the data from it in a binary fashion. In
fact, I want to compute the running time and bitrate etc. of an
mp3-file, so if anybody has done this let me know. If not, I guess I`ll
have to do it myself, eventhough that`ll take forever.

I need to read a given number of bytes, check the no. x bit for a value,
check no. y bit etc. Is there a module for this or can it be done
python?

( Way back in eh ... August, when I was using Perl ... ehem ... there
was a module that fetched all data from a file, like title, artist and
the more tech stuff like bitrate and stuff. I hope there`ll be one like
this for Python soon. I need it bad. )

Sally ho!

Thomas