Python Cookies module? Bugs?

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 10:57:51 EDT 1999

I've been working with "Cookie.py" on a Windows NT Machine,
and running into some hickups....

For example, I'm trying to use "Max-age", "Comment", and
"Expires" in my cookies to allow them to be persistant.

Here's the "Docs":

|Each element of the Cookie also supports all of the RFC 2109
|Cookie attributes.  Here's an example which sets the Path
|attribute.
|
|  >>> C["joe"]["path"] = "/home/joe"

But, that doesn't work right in practice.
I'm forced to do this:

C:\>python

>>> mycookie["PSG"]["path"] = "/docushare"
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "D:\OS2\PYTHON\LIB\UserDict.py", line 14, in __getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
KeyError: PSG

	^^^ Error ^^^^

>>> mycookie["PSG"] = "PSG Cookie"
>>> mycookie["PSG"]["path"]="/docushare"
>>> print mycookie
Set-Cookie: PSG="PSG Cookie"; Path=/docushare;

Can anyone confirm that this is proper behavior for this
module?

Also, in my informal testing, when I start messing with
Cookie Attributes (i.e. Path, etc), the cookie isn't
being restored properly...

Anyone have any hints, and/or examples of Cookie.py use?

Is there any "preferences" in the python world on Cookie
Modules?  (I.e. any better/worse/etc modules)

		- Benjamin

          (Remove "NoSpam" to Email me)
Please feel free to copy any and or all of this sig.
A little something for spam bots:

root at localhost postmaster at localhost admin at localhost
abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1

Chairman William Kennard: bkennard at fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness at fcc.gov
Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth: hfurchtg at fcc.gov
Commissioner Michael Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov