Just like in our DNA...

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Oct 11 05:04:27 EDT 1999

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
> [Martijn Faassen]
>> Everybody, even if they live in .cx, wherever this may be, that uses
>> Python knows Dutch. It's a cosmic conspiracy! :)

> [Greg Ewing]
>> Yeeks! This is quite worrying. If anyone ever finds out that
>> I don't, in fact, know Dutch, I may be kicked out of the
>> Python community! Better sign up for a crash course... or
>> get working on a Dutch-English translator in Python...

> No need, Greg -- Martijn is so keen to believe this delusion, that you need
> only supply him a plausible excuse to classify you as a native Dutch
> speaker.

I never was so delusional as to believe you all were *native* Dutch speakers!
Anyway, this is a common trick of people who are in a conspiracy; they
say something obviously ridiculous which I obviously don't believe, and then
as a consequence try to convince me there's no cosmic conspiracy at all.

> Even the timbot managed this sleight-of-tongue, and it doesn't
> speak *any* language ...

Yes, you only type them, right? (Note that this was the timbot
posing as a non-timbot. Recognizing the bot is easy once you know the trick)

> veel-geluk-ly y'rs  - tim

Argh! (muffled scream as men in white coats take him away)

Regards,

Martijn