Default indentation of 4 columns

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Oct 27 18:33:59 EDT 1999

  >> Tim Peters wrote:
  >> salvation-thru-whitespace-ly y'rs - tim
  TAB> Wow!  Can we make that Python's Official Motto?
  TAB> who'll-lead-the-first-crusade'ly yours ---Tom

IIRC correctly, the crusades caused endless trouble for the people in
the countries they passed to on the way to the holy lands.  They
didn't always arrive at their destination, and when they did they were
routed by their adversaries.

By those standards, I think we've had an endless stream of crusades
already.  They start as threads on comp.lang.python (or crossposted
there) that generates endless trouble, in the form of low
signal-to-noise ratio, for us regular readers.  Sometimes the threads
die off here, and when they don't, they don't win any converts in
comp.lang.perl.misc either.

Jeremy