walk calling visit within a class?

Betancourt, Josef Josef.Betancourt at GTECH.COM
Fri Oct 29 11:47:56 EDT 1999

   This is probably a dumb question but.... Lets say I have a class:

class theclass
     	def aVisit(self, pat, dirname, dirlist):

	def testfiles(self, patobject, targetpath):
		os.path.walk( targetpath, self.aVisit, self.patobject)

#end class theclass

Since os.path.walk requires a visit function that has an argument signature
of:  (arg, dirname, names), how is a visit member function used within a
class?  Or can someone fill in the whole I have in my Python fundamentals?

Thanks.
Josef