compile.py does not work on WinNT system

Berthold Hoellmann hoel at GermanLloyd.org
Tue Oct 5 09:30:38 EDT 1999

Hello,

I try to port a little extension module I've written to WinNT. I thought
it would be a good idea to use compile.py from
http://starship.python.net:9673/crew/da/Code/compile/, but all I get
running "python compile.py" is:

--- snip ---

A Visual C++ 5.0 workspace will be generated, and must be built
manually.
Building workspace (.dsw) file for workspace
  Found python15.lib in G:\bin\Python\libs
  Found Python include directory in G:\bin\Python\include
Creating project (.dsp) file for StiffOnPlate
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "compile.py", line 927, in ?
    ws = Workspace(msdev)
  File "compile.py", line 864, in __init__
    project = Project(self, self.msdev, line, extra_stuff)
  File "compile.py", line 755, in __init__
    print getattr(self, 'noexport', None)
TypeError: getattr requires exactly 2 arguments; 3 given
--- snip ---

What's going wrong here?

Thanks

Berthold