PyGreSQL difficulties

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at vex.net
Fri Oct 8 09:28:31 EDT 1999

Jim Driese <jdriese at seanet.com> wrote:
> int)");
> (cities)");
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> pg.error: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "on"

> So, table creation went ok but I was unable to create an index (I _can_ do
> this under psql, however).  None of the sample programs had an index
> example.  Does anybody know of a good online pygres reference?

I would be surprised if you could do this in psql as it is invalid syntax.
Try this.

 cnx.query("create unique index cities_name on cities using btree (name)")

An index always needs a name.

Note that the semicolon is not needed in Python, btw, unless you have
multiple statements on a line.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at caingang.com>      |  Democracy is three wolves