distutils installation fails in WinNT; sys.exec_prefix empty

fred at ontosys.com fred at ontosys.com
Fri Oct 22 12:34:34 EDT 1999

In article <000801bf1ca8$4c701300$53001064 at bobcat>,
Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>My guess is that you have moved Python.exe from its default spot.

Good call!  Actually, I hadn't moved python.exe, but I did have an old
python.exe that was being found in my PATH when I ran 'python' from a
shell.  What fooled me is that after starting up the old python
executable it would report itself as "Python 1.5.2".  Anyway, I
removed the old python.exe and now when I run the Python 1.5.2
executable directly I find that sys.prefix and sys.exec_prefix are set
correctly.

Thank you for the help.  Now I'll try that distutils install again...

--
Fred Yankowski