Where can I find Python enthusiasts?

Bill Hunter bkhunter at best.com
Thu Oct 28 17:02:17 EDT 1999

How available would you say Python programming talent is and where
should I start looking for programmers?  I know, I know, Python is so
easy to get started with that any decent programmer can be fluent in a
day  :- )  ... but humor me for a minute and help me figure out how to
introduce and staff this in our company. Should I be posting more
explicit information about the job opportunity in this forum (assuming
that is ok?), asking you about contract programmers, or wearing a
trench coat and lurking about on street corners in Amsterdam and
Reston waving handsful of cash?

We are in San Francisco, btw, if any of you are avid Pythoneers and
fed up with your current job.