YA-Newbie: Progress (but still baffled by deepcopy/pickle issues...:)

greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Oct 2 18:25:38 EDT 1999

Fred Pacquier wrote:

> Maybe, yes. I have a hunch it may be a problem in the wxWindows/wxPython
> interface, in which case it's probably hard to find.

In any case, since you don't want the bitmaps to be
copied by deepcopy, referring to them indirectly is
the correct thing to do.

Alternatively, don't use deepcopy at all, and write your
own custom copier that copies just what you want. I
usually prefer to steer clear of deepcopy because of
its propensity for copying too much.

Greg