Improved struct module

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Oct 14 16:12:09 EDT 1999

Robin Boerdijk wrote:

> I have one concern left though: Just like I overlooked
> Just's sstruct module, people will overlook
> this module (and start implementing something similar themselves,
> like I did). If we can't get modules like this into the core Python
> distribution, could there be links from the Python documentation to
> point to these 'improved' modules ?

I thought that's what comp.lang.python.announce and
http://www.python.org/download/Contributed.html
were for.  I hope people are checking archived c.l.py.a
messages and the "Modules" page at www.python.org before
they run off and spend time implementing something new.

---Tom

P.S. I notice that xstruct is already on the Modules page,
so you must have found it.  I decided to post anyway so
that others know where to look. :)