Problems with Modules

Eric Jacobs x at x.x
Sun Oct 17 19:09:08 EDT 1999

Thomas Weholt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I`ve just installed Python 1.5.2, using the source, under Linux, Suse
> 6.2. But some modules seem to be missing, especially the Berkley DB
> bsddb-module, cpickle, zlib and almost every module in the
> Module-folder in the Python 1.5.2-package.
>
> I saw when I ran 'make test' that some of the steps were skipped due
> to some missing optional feature which couldn`t be imported. Is my
> system, the linux distr., missing something? Do I have to install the
> Berkley Db-library before the bsddb-module?

Well, you have to have it available. To enable the optional modules,
edit the file Modules/Setup, and uncomment the ones you need. For
bsddb, it links to the libdb.a in a directory of your choice. zlib
and gdbm link using -lz and -lgdbm. cPickle should be in by default;
check to make sure you spell it with a capital p.