Python Threads

Doug Olson dolson at bethel.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:19:53 EDT 1999

I am new to python, and have been playing around with python threads.
This is very cool.  Does anyone know where some good documentation for
the threading.py module is?  The documentation that I can find at
www.python.com and that came with the debian packages I installed is
pretty sparse.

I am trying to set up a multithreaded script where one thread will open
a pipe for reading from a tcpdump process.  However, anytime I open a
pipe with the multithreaded python script, I'm getting some strange
behavior... Main thread dies, but other threads seem to live on...  Does
anyone know the state of the threading in python?

Doug Olson
dolson at bethel.edu