Prolog Glue Language?

the_wrights the_wrights at onaustralia.com.au
Thu Oct 14 06:04:07 EDT 1999

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote in message
news:000101bf1600$98d6faa0$ba2d153f at tim...
> [Jon Fernquest]
> > What is the best glue strategy for a scripting language like Python
> > to use with Prolog, a language for which there is a lot of outstanding
> > code but which is difficult to integrate into systems written with
> > imperative languages?

I've written a native python logic programming framework if that's helpful.
It has quite good unification performance and I'm using it as the basis for
some reactive planning stuff with BDI agents that I've implemented in
Python.

Of course, if you really need to have the performance and features of
Quintus prolog &c then I'd agree that you should wrap up the C++ WAM. Check
out SWIG (www.swig.org)

cheers

chris wright