[slightly off-topic] programmable speech recognition software

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Oct 21 04:52:28 EDT 1999

Stefan Franke wrote:

> I'm looking for the appropriate SR software to build a part of a room
> installation. The task differs somewhat from the usual "dictate into
> word" applications:
>
> In the recorded audio stream should be recognized as many words as
> possible - speaker independent and in German! (I can hear you shudder)
>
> In unclear cases - there will probably be lots of them - the closest
> interpretations would be OK.
>
> Therefore completeness and correctness don't have the highest priority
> in this case.
>
> The application is supposed to run on a Win 9x machine. Direct
> accessibility from Python would be super, otherwise possible via
> COM/SAPI from M$, admittedly I don't know anything about its
> capableness.
>
> I read the postings about NatLink in c.l.p, but in absence of a demo
> version of NatSpeak I cannot tell anything about its suitability, so I
> would be pleased to hear some opinions of this group's numerous SR
> experts!

I think Dragon Systems is working on a Python interface... just
add some timbot bait here and wait for him to jump into the thread ;-)
Some of Tim's favorites: speed, performance, regular expressions,
things you wouldn't dream of doing...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                    71 days left