eff-bot Python book ... revisited

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Oct 31 16:17:34 EST 1999

Ivan Van Laningham <ivanlan at callware.com> writes:

> (And last time I checked, the PDF viewer for Linux sucked; maybe that's
> changed by now, maybe Adobe offers their own 4.0 viewer for Linux. ...)

I'm far from PDF, but it happened that Ghostscript helped me at viewing it
conveniently on Linux -- through `gv', I rarely use Ghostscript directly.

However, sending to the printer from `gv' (a Tkinter introduction, if I
remember well?) was less happy, as the inter-letter spacing was all wrong,
making the printed result especially difficult to read.  Even if it helps
me (?!) at reading more slowly, the fatigue grows faster.  I have no idea
of the cause of this random spacing, far less the solution.