kwp & jpython

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Oct 22 09:09:14 EDT 1999

    CO> I interested in use kjpylint (from kwp) with jpython.
    CO> and I get this error:

    CO> ImportError: no module named regex

regex is the older Python regular expression module.  It is not
supported in JPython and probably will never be unless someone Out
There donates such a module.  JPython supports the "new" re module for
regular expressions (re isn't all that new anymore, but it's the
standard since it provides Perl5 compatible regexs).

Maybe someone can port kjpylint to re and donate that back to Aaron.

-Barry