Borland compilation

Stephane gemodek at t-online.de
Thu Oct 21 03:56:56 EDT 1999

Dirk-Ulrich Heise wrote:

> >The reason for the query is that we are thinking of embedding a Python
> >engine within a BCB program, so we do not really want to use VC at all.
>
> Me too. The BCB app is working for quite a while now, but still i'm stuck
> to my old WINAPI-based app that contains a Python 1.4 because
> i'm still seeking the perfect architecture for the new one...
> Might take another 2 years
> until i really start programming it. (The apps i write at home tend to be
> a little like Cyc or Xanadu, i suppose. I mean the timescale, not the
> goals.)

Hi,

I also tried to embed some python calls in a c/C++ WIN32 application
(actually MSVC 6.0). My only problem is that I don´t find some good
starting tutorial (yes, I read the Python C api doc). Writing Python
extension is easy, I did it already.
But I spent some time playing around and trying to embed something, but
I didn´t have a real success up to now.

If you know some examples/tutorials/howtos it would be very nice.

Thanks

 Stephane

(Please mail me also directly)