BSD3 - virtual server - dyld.h not found [Q]

Guido van Rossum guido at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Oct 19 16:45:54 EDT 1999

PythonMaster <python at infosys.com.ar> writes:

> 	I am trying to compile Python 1.5.2 on a virtual server (iServer)
> that runs BSD/OS 3.1 - Virtual Kernel.
>
> 	I am getting the following error:
>
> gcc -D_HAVE_BSDI -c -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/
> ./importdl.c
> ./importdl.c:269: mach-o/dyld.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> I have tryied "./configure --without-dyld" but I always get the same
> error. In the configure log I get always, even if I put the --without-dyld
> command in the ./configure script, the following message:
>
> checking for --with-dyld... yes

Definitely don't try --without-dyld.

I don't understand how WITH_DYLD can get defined.

To debug this, remove config.cache, rerun configure, and read through
config.log -- hopefully it has a clue.

You may also read the generated config.h and simply edit it to remove
the #define WITH_DYLD that it contains.  If there is no WITH_DYLD
there, it's really a mystery -- maybe your system defines it somehow???