Freeze for Windows NT?

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 22:33:24 EDT 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:55:28, "Mark Hammond"
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

> > 	I'm attempting to use Freeze under Windows NT, and I
> > believe that I
> > need
> > a recompiled version of Python?!?!?!?
>
> Well, freeze itself requires a C compiler which would seem to make it
> instantly useless for you.
>
> I suggest you check out Gordon's installer at
> http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/.  If this works for you it is
> probably a much better alternative.

I'll take a look, but the problem is that my boss doesn't want python
installed
on additional machines.  Freeze seems to be a nice alternative, we do
technically have a C compiler available to us.  The "trick" here is
that it is
*NOT*  Visual C++ v5.

I've tried rebuilding python under C++ Builder (borland), which I was
not
at all successful with.

Anyone with success stories, can apply inside....

			- Benjamin
================================
Please feel free to copy any and or
all of this sig.
A little something for spam bots:

root at localhost postmaster at localhost admin at localhost
abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1

Chairman William Kennard: bkennard at fcc.gov
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness at fcc.gov
Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth: hfurchtg at fcc.gov
Commissioner Michael Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov