Python-Unix shell

WILCOX NATHAN WESLEY wilcoxn at ucsub.colorado.edu
Thu Oct 21 14:52:01 EDT 1999

Hello Python Fanatics!

I've been thinking (and coding) a little bit about a Python enabled unix shell.
Are there any projects along these lines?  If not, I'm interested in starting
an Open Source project do this.

If you are interested, read the (messy and unfinished) proposal at:
http://csel.cs.colorado.edu/~wilcoxn/docs/pysh_proposal

And download a simple little pseudo-shell I've written at:
http://csel.cs.colorado.edu/~wilcoxn/source/pysh.py

If people are interested in this project, it'd ne nice to have a mailing list
and a public/semi-public CVS repository.  I'll contact my school sysadmins
about this.

I'll be checking the group periodically for responses/interest in this, or if
you want to get my attention quicker, e-mail me at "Nathan.Wilcox at colorado.edu".

--
Thanks,