linux install problem

Alex Flinsch aflinsch at att.com
Fri Oct 29 07:51:22 EDT 1999

root wrote:

> I'm running Mandrake RH 6.1.  I can't find the Modules/Setup file all
> the docs tell me to use to configure tkinter.  (my pen-ultimite goal is
> to run grail)  I rpm installed python 1.5.2 hoping this would solve
> things, no luck.  What can I do, or where can I find installation docs
> that address this problem???

I think all you need to do is rpm -Uhv python-1.52*
and rpm  -Uhv tkinter-1.52*

If you are using the Macmillian version of Mandrake 6.1, you may have a
problem as the included version of tkinter was 1.51 rather than 1.52, so
you will need to download tkinter-1.52 from somewhere. I would suggest
http://rufus.w3.org as they seem to have the correct mdk versions of python
and tkinter. (at least that is what I did)