Module for generic platform information: platform.py

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Wed Oct 27 03:40:07 EDT 1999

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> Very neat:
>
> % jpython /tmp/platform.py
> java1.2.1
>
> Probably sufficient (certainly appropriate) for the JPython platform,
> since nothing else matters when you're running on Java right? :)

Well, there must be more infos lying around in the JRE :-)

Does the JRE provide some kind of uname interface which I could hook
into a special platform.py function ? It would probably be interesting
to have some information about JVM version and vendor.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                    65 days left