Python guide Brain posted

Ben Darnell bgdarnel at my-deja.com
Tue Oct 5 13:58:43 EDT 1999

In article <7td89j$510$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Preston Landers wrote:
>In article <slrn7v0el3.cu5.bgdarnel at bgdarnel.dhis.org>,
>  bgdarnel at my-deja.com (Ben Darnell) wrote:
>
>> Since it came up here, I think I'll take the opportunity to point out
>my
>> own project, ThoughtStream, which has a similar purpose to the Brain,
>> and will probably have useful Unix and Palm versions far before
>> Natrificial will.  The desktop version is written in Python, using
>> wxWindows for the GUI, so it will work on Windows and Unix.
>
>This sounds fascinating.  Where can I find this?  I'm curious about the
>technical aspects more than the GUI; such as, does it use a SQL backend?

You can find it at the website in my sig (remove the extra space).  It
doesn't use a SQL backend (right now everything is stored in XML and
it's all loaded into memory at once), but I have tried to abstract
everything enough that it could be changed to use a more powerful
backend later.

-Ben

--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel at unity.nc su.edu