Making regular expressions more friendly

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Sun Oct 10 02:24:35 EDT 1999

    Magnus> Well - I still don't like the non-standard welcome() and
    Magnus> banish()...  And it doesn't cover all of the functionality of
    Magnus> the re module...  Perhaps a revised version could be made.

It predates re by a bit, so it's not at all surprising that it's not
supported.  Ping doesn't hang around here much these days.  If you managed
to make the port, I doubt he'd mind.  As for the rationale behind welcome()
and banish(), see:

    http://x33.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=181453806

blame-from-module-import-*-once-again-ly y'rs,

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...