Pythoning of C++ objects

Donn Cave donn at oz.net
Sun Oct 10 23:55:21 EDT 1999

Quoth Mikhail Astafiev <mikle at amv.tsk.ru>:

| There is a C++ data processing class library. I have to write Python
| extension allowing to manipulate C++ objects and call their methods
| from Python. I don't want to use CXX - I want to write something more
| lightweight.
|
| Could anybody point/send some example/documentation/comments on
| porting C++ classes to Python?

When I set out to do this for the BeOS C++ API, I borrowed heavily
from James Ahlstrom's Wpy interface to MFC, as described in
http://www.python.org/workshops/1995-12/papers/ahlstrom1.html

Now as I understand it, this is sort of the inverse of what CXX
does, so whether it's light or heavy, if it's at all suited to
what you're doing, then you should ignore my advice.

	Donn Cave, donn at oz.net