any new projects and ideas

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 20 14:28:21 EDT 1999

John Hater <hateme212 at hotmail.com.removeit> wrote:
> ruchirt at mailcity.com (ruchir) wrote in <7ujidc$l3p$1 at news.vsnl.net.in>:

>>hi,
>>    im new to linux and also python, i took the tutorial but im looking
>>    for
>>some ideas to
>>use python for. If anyone has some interesting ideas, pls let me know
>>

> I need an X window News reader using gtk+. I am thinking of use
> python to do it (cuz python already provides most services a news agent
> needs: nntp, mail, uudecode, mime, list...). python binding for gtk+ is
> also ready to use. Of course python can bring powerful script ability to
> the news agent. If you want it, you can have my idea. If not, I will do
> it myself later on.

Funnily enough, I've also toyed with same idea - only I was going
to make it a KDE newsreader, since the current crop is not really
any good. The first large application I made in Visual Basic was
a newsreader, too, and I still miss the hand-tailored interface
it gave me... But for the moment I'm too busy trying to come up
with a design for an interlinear text widget...

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt