SF Bay: Python Training?

Jason Stokes jstok at bluedog.apana.org.au
Sat Oct 23 15:22:19 EDT 1999

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:18:26 -0400, William Park <parkw at better.net> wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 02:55:51PM +0000, Aahz Maruch wrote:
>> We just hired a new webmaster who has never done any programming.  Does
>> anyone know of any Python training taking place over the next month or
>> two in the SF Bay Area?  (Yes, I know about the other options; I'm
>> hoping to possibly piggy-back on some other company's training session.)
>> --
>>                       --- Aahz (@netcom.com)
>
>Let me get this straight... your company hired a programmer who never
>programmed and, presumably, can't type!  Were you pressed to comply with
>some quota or what?

A webmaster does not always have the skills of a programmer.  "Webmaster" is
a vague position; people doing webmaster have talents ranging all over the
spectrum, from web *authoring* to system administration, to scripting, to
programming.

Jason Stokes: jstok at bluedog.apana.org.au

"HTTP Error 204: No content? That applies to 99% of the web!"