Is httpdapy ready for primetime?

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Sun Oct 24 07:49:11 EDT 1999

On 24 Oct 1999, Erno Kuusela wrote:
> > What if you and I would get a server whoose
> >sysadmin wouldn't not allow to use these modules? My CGIs will run just fine
> >under standard python interpreter, what about httpdapy CGIs?
>
> httpdapy and PyApache both require you to load a 3rd-party apache
> module so to use either of them, you need the cooperation of
> the sysadmin.

   But in abscense of both modules I can run my CGIs without modification.
And you cannoy run you CGIs - they require httpdapy.

> it would probably be quite easy to write something that emulates
> cgi's transparently. perhaps httpdapy would become more popular
> if something like this was included with it...

   I don't think so. If you want to compare with mod_perl - there are two
advatntages of mod_python - it is speed (not memory - mod_perl is still
memory hog) and ability to dive into apache's internals. Both httpdapy and
PyApache should be extended to process apache internal requests.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd at phd.russ.ru