HELP again! Changing timezone in Python

Bill Eldridge bill at hk.rfa.org
Mon Oct 4 04:34:13 EDT 1999

Still trying to figure out how to make a machine
in Hong Kong do all its Python time calculations as if
it were located in Washington.

This means I need to take a date like 1999-10-23-0200
and decide if it's EST or EDT, but I can't use my local
system time, since that's China time, where DST doesn't
exist.

Ideas? (yes, I can write a quick script on a Washington
machine to figure out time switchovers for the next 50 years,
but that's a bit ugly, so I'd rather get the info from
a Python module or by parsing the timezone files.

Thanks,
Bill
--
Bill Eldridge