Disk access going mental with Pythonwin?

neilh at hare.net.au neilh at hare.net.au
Tue Oct 12 11:08:03 EDT 1999

> Ummm - sheepishly, I admit that would be Pythonwin.  Pythonwin has a
> feature that automatically detects if the file you are editing has
> been modified externally.  This check is done in idle time, and each
> time you move the
> mouse (then stop moving it), Pythonwin enters its idle state.
>
> I really should add a config option to control this, but currently it
> is always turned on...

   You could have the test done only at application activation time as
that is normally the only time a changed file will appear. Or maybe
have a choice of (no | activation | idle) detection.

   The next version of SciTE will have a load on activate option.

   Neil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.