urgent problems with win32 debug build

Otso Makinen otso at hybrid.fi
Fri Oct 22 03:53:30 EDT 1999

I'm using python as a scripting language wrapped on top of c++ library using
the SWIG tool. When using the debug build of the python libraries importing
of the .dll modules fails with the following error message:

ImportError: no module named xxxx

There's no similiar problem with the .py modules and the .dll modules work
ok with the release build of the python libraries. I'm using MSVC++ 6.0,
pcbuild of python 1.5.2 and SWIG 1.1p5. And yes, I have tried building the
both debug/release versions of the wrapper module .dlls.

To point out the urgency of this, I'm promising a bottle of finest Finlandia
Vodka to be mailed to the first one giving a solution.

--
Otso Makinen