making the Python case to my dept.

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Nov 6 12:39:06 EST 1999

First of all, I want to second Patrick's suggestion that this be FAQ'd.
I have one nit, though:

In article <3823FC43.CF7FBD71 at python.net>,
Thomas A. Bryan <tbryan at python.net> wrote:

>Still, few people are knocking down my door for Python programmers
>while there are plenty of jobs for C++/Java/Delphi programmers.

I believe that there are more jobs for good Python programmers than
people with the skills to fill them.  My company is certainly having
difficulties (jobs in Mountain View! ask me!), and having HP Cupertino
advertising for 10-12 Python positions only increases the difficulty.

I think we've come to the knee in the curve where Python has achieved
critical mass and will get a lot of popular attention over the next
couple of years.  Few of us need worry about job security.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)