Minimal Python installation?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 18 05:31:32 EST 1999

Svante Kleist <Svante.Kleist at edt.ericsson.se> wrote:
> We intend to bundle Python with a product, but would like to avoid
> wasting more space than necessary. Is this a problem, license wise?
> I mean, is one supposed to pass the _whole_
> Python distribution only?

the license is pretty clear on this: "Permission to use, copy,
modify, and distribute this software and its documentation
for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted" etc.

according to http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html,
some lawyers seem to think that "a, b, c, and d" means "a
or b or c or d, but not any other combination", but the
clarification on that page should be enough for your own
company lawyers (if they object, get a second opinion ;-)

</F>